Re: Bushing reamer

To: Jon Lind <JLind@ColoradoSkiing.com>, "MGS (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bushing reamer
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 15:17:25 -0500
> Hello.  I noticed that Moss sells a $260 "bushing reamer" that they claim
is
> necessary to install the front suspension bushings.  Is this really the
> case?  Am I going to have to get one to put my new Prothane bushings in?
> Thanks.

No, the bushes that the reamer are for the king pin copper bushings.  You do
not need it, if you are just replacing the rubber bits.

And if you do need to have your king pins rebushed, I then really recommend
having your king pins rebushed by someone like Lawrie or another person who
rebuilds them, they are a PITA.  It is time consuming and tedious work, and
not worth spending $260 for the reamer.

--
KMR