Re: neg back to pos- Generator question.

To: VSchus8282@aol.com
Subject: Re: neg back to pos- Generator question.
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 20:41:28 -0800
Word on the street is that VSchus8282@aol.com said:
> I am rebuilding a 65 MGB that had a neg ground. I am converting back to pos
> ground. From what I have read, I assume the generator was flashed to convert
> to neg ground. Must it be flashed again to go back to pos ground.? If so, how?

Yes, the generator must be re-polarized.  Connect the battery up pos ground,
and disconnect the two wires from the back of the genny.  Then flash the
small terminal (F) of the generator with a hot wire from the fuse box a
couple of times.

You'll also have to change the way the white wire looks around in the back
of the tach and a resistor in the tach.  The procedure is detailed in
the Moss catalog etc

Skye

--
1966 MGB 1800  - GHN3     __,__\__     ffwd internet division
1962 Vespa 125 - VNB3    (_o____o_)    http://www.ffwd.com/