Re: Using handbrake starts engine?

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Using handbrake starts engine?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 13:41:33 -0000
That's right.  If it goes short it allows power from the green on the brake
pressure failure circuits to energise the starter relay.  The symptom is
that the starter starts cranking as soon as you turn on the ignition, or at
least, keeps cranking after the car has started, unless the handbrake is
off.  The diode is on the RHS firewall and has one white/red on its negative
end and two green/oranges on its positive end.

PaulH.