MGB hard to start - starting fluid OK?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB hard to start - starting fluid OK?
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:21:10 EST
I have a 78 MGB that is becoming increasingly difficult to start on cold
mornings. The ignition seems to be OK, and the timing is reasonably accurate.
I am thinking its possibly a choke problem. I am wondering if anyone out
there in cyber MG land uses a can of starting fluid occasionally to help
start their LBC. I know this stuff can be dangerous to the motor if not used
responsibly. Would a little squirt now and then be OK? Or is it a definate
no-no? Thanks in advance........

                                       Bill in Missouri
62 MK II MGA Roadster
78 MGB Roadster (daily driver-and hard to start sometimes!)