Seat Belts

To: mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Belts
From: Frank Krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:08:35 -0500
I am elated to learn that Rover is finally moving on the seat belt
recall. I am in possession of a letter from Jaguar, who initially was
responsible for the belt recall that is several years old. It informs me
of my eligibility and that I would be on the list to receive a set asap.
Since that time I have called NHTSA and been told the recall effort
period had expired and there would be no seat belts issued. Now it is
resurrected! I just spoke to a very pleasant lady at Rover who is
passing my data along to Rover in England. This will be no less than 7
times this has transpired! I'll believe it when then land on my
doorstep. Maybe there is a Santa Claus!
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski
P.S. When I use jack stands under all 4 corners of  the frame rails of
my B it is very interesting since not all 4 make contact, only 3, and
the car rocks ever so slightly. Is my garage floor not level? I doubt
it!