Re: Fwd: Grounding locations on 65 MGB

To: VSchus8282@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Grounding locations on 65 MGB
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:20:01 -0800
Word on the street is that VSchus8282@aol.com said:
> I am installing a new harness in a 65 MGB shell. I have no pictures of
> previous wiring so I have no clear idea of where ground wires go. There are
> three  wires to be grounded on the drivers side and two wires to be grounded
> on the passengerside. Are these wires to be grounded to instruments or to
> various points on the body. By the size of the fittings (small round
> fittings) on the ground wires it appears they would fit on instruments. Some
> of the reading I have doing suggests that the instruments are grounded when
> they come in contact with the dash which makes me wonder if the wire belong
> on the body. Any help would be appreciated.

The speedo and the tach in my 66 each have ground wires underneath one of
the thumbscrews.  Not sure about the other gauges.

Doesn't the wiring diagram show what systems have ground wires?

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)