Re: Grounding locations on 65 MGB

To: <VSchus8282@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grounding locations on 65 MGB
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:54:07 -0000
The Workshop Manual shows all five instruments with ground wires.  Generally
I think you will find that if a grounding tag has one wire it will go to a
component, if it has three or more it will go to the body.  Tags with two
wires could be either, but glancing at the diag for a 71 it seems that the
only ones behind the dash with two wires are the ones that daisy-chain to
the gauges.  There only seem to be three body grounding points - one at the
front for the lights and starter relay with two wires, one behind the dash
with five wires, and one in the boot/trunk with three wires.

PaulH.