a source for OD Transmissions....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: a source for OD Transmissions....
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:30:16 -0400
Well, if you're patient you might pick up O/D trannies the same way I did -
buy one packaged inside a parts car.  That way I got one for $325 and the
other for just $200.  And even at dirt cheap prices I've sold enough parts
of the $325 car to leave me with a free O/D tranny.  I have not been so
fortunate in my search for a 3-synchro O/D box.  If anybody wants to swap a
3-sync O/D box for a 4-sync O/D box, I'm all ears.  BTW, I know I CAN -
with the judicious application of a hammer - fit a 4-sync O/D box in my '65
B project car.  But, I don't want to lose the real taut feeling of the
3-sync boxes - which to my mind are a big part of the pleasures of
metal-dash driving.

Allen

>From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <Lundgren@iname.com>
>
>It seems there was more demand than the seller thought there would be.
> He will not honor his posted price for $400 plus shipping.
>
>He has 3 of the trannys, they are in lancaster Ca (outside of LA)
>
>His name is Gene, the phone number is 661-723-2106
>
>they are up to $500 now with no shipping/boxing included, if you can
>get one local go for it....
>
>I am unimpressed with him (a bit pissed that he won't honor his posted
>price) but he says they are garanteed...
>
>Good luck!
>
>Andrew

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
        49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333