Re:was header?? now removing trans, engine in place

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:was header?? now removing trans, engine in place
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 13:52:56 -0700
I'm not sure what this "spreading of the tunnel" is. But I've removed my OD
transmission (from the 71 BGT) several times with the engine in place. In
fact, I'm in the process of doing so again this week.

Its a very tight fit. And to make it easier, I have a 1" hole bored in the
transmission bell housing that allows me to unbolt the pressure plate from
the flywheel before removing the transmission. All I have to do is pull the
transmission back far enough to pull the shaft from the pilot bushing, and
then I can pull it out.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT