fuel pump problem - 79' MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel pump problem - 79' MGB
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 18:25:13 EST
I just finished a little ignition work on my 79 "B" today. Installed new
points and plugs and plug wires. Then after a short test drive (and the car
ran great) it wouldn't start when I tried to start it to move it into the
garage. I believe the problem is the fuel pump. No "clicking" of the pump
when I turn the ignition on. And just to verify its the fuel pump I took the
fuel line off the fuel filter and their is no fuel or pressure whatsoever
when the key is on. And to complicate matters, I loaned my tune up and shop
manual to my brother and he is out of town for a couple of days! Boy I am
really starting the new year off in a bad way ! Does anyone know what fuse
circuit the fuel pump is on? I checked the electrical connection and it seems
to be connected and grounded to the chassis OK. I sure wish they had put the
fuel pump in a better spot. Its a bitch getting to it without a lift of some
sort. I am hoping its possibly a blown fuse as opposed to the pump itself.
Any suggestions are appreciated and a Happy New Year to all you LBC lovers
!!!! Keep 'em on the road .............

                             Bill Dillstrom in Misery....EErrrrrrr...Missouri

62 MK II MGA Roadster
79 MGB Roadster