Re: garage design

To: JohnOmg@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: garage design
From: Bill Holt <lbcholt@one.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 10:29:49 -0500
I too have an interest in garage space (don't all listers???).  I have a 2
bay detached garage that I'll eventually expand into 3 or perhaps 3 1/2
bays.  One idea that I have toyed with is "stacking" cars using an auto
lift.  There is a company in Ohio called Backyard Buddy
(www.backyardbuddy.com --- the usual disclaimers) that sells auto lifts,
although I'm sure that there are others.  Another good idea is to make the
garage deep enough so that you can "parallel park" cars in the back of the
garage ("sideways storage"?).  I used to have a deep garage like that and
it worked out perfectly for winter storage of my MGB without interfering
with use of the garage for my "normal" vehicles.

Good luck.

Bill Holt
Ft. Mitchell, KY