Re: garage design

To: JohnOmg@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: garage design
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 17:17:50 EST
In a message dated 01/02/2000 6:59:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
JohnOmg@aol.com writes:

> Any ideas on dimensions, sideways
>  storage, etc.

Yeah I've got a couple of ideas.  As mentioned in another post deep is good
as you can sideways park an LBC in the front of the garage. (I have a friend
that did this with a Mini in the front of his parents standard 2 car garage)
I am more concerned with wide.  Make the garage wide enough that you can line
both sides with cabinets/work benches and still get doors open on the cars
parked inside.  Like the ads say wider is better.
A few other ideas, Electricity, wire the place for 220 (assuming you are in
the US) so you can run a welder or whatever.  As far as lights go take the
recommended amount of light for a workshop and double it.  You will be glad
you did.  My 2 car garage has 8 four foot flourescents and 5 eight footers
and it has almost enough light.  Put electric outlets everywhere!  At bench
level so you don't have to get down on the floor and dig behind stuff to plug
in something.
If plumbing can be installed a laundry sink with hot water is really nice and
will keep the SO happy when you don't mess up her sink washing your hands.
Hope this helps,
Rick Ewald