RE: Headgaskets

To: MG Board <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Headgaskets
From: Joe Short <buster_balz@operamail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 13:13:27 -0500
My point was that the Copper gasket was more sensitive to
the conditions in which it is installed. I've had one on my
'75 B since 1992, and it's still fine. I've seen them installed
on engines where the surfaces weren't as true as they could have
been. As a result the gasket failed, after being replaceed with
a conventional head gasket, things went fine. Also, a lot of
people are unaware that a special copper head gasket adhesive
is required with these head gaskets, so a lot of people complain
about the problems that appear to be caused by the gasket when
in truth the problems are a result of a faulty installation.
And yes, they do result in less compression because the gasket
itself does not compress as much as a standard gasket.

http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit80.htm
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html