Damn, Damn Damn

To: Josh F Strohm <josh74@juno.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Damn, Damn Damn
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 21:31:04 -0500
This morning drove the BGT as usual to the park-&-Ride to catch my bus
into NYC.  While backing into the parking space i heard a ***crunch*** -
"OH NO" says I! Get out to check what I did, fearing the worst,  Hmmmm
No bady damage! Lights are still intact! But the Muffler was hanging! I
had backed too far and the muffler pipe hit the guardrail which surronds
the parking lot and broke both the rear hanger and the middle one.
Tried to tie it up so I could drive it home tonight but I couldnt get it
to raise high enough to make it drivable.  I have a feeling I may have
bent the downpipes.  I haven't put it up on ramps yet to completely
assess the damages.  I hope I didnt crack the manifold!

This was a new stainless system which I put on in September - I have had
it off the car three times since then to try and fix an exhaust leak
which has been persistent since I put it on.  I finally fixed it just
last Saturday (it was caused by two bent studs where the pipe and
manifold meet).

Now I have to start all over again! DAMN! NOT a good start to the new
Millenium!

Rick
74 BGT (daily driver-now garage bound)