Bodywork - hints and tips requested. Which orbital sander to buy

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bodywork - hints and tips requested. Which orbital sander to buy
From: "Louis Mehr (EML)" <Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:24:34 +0100
Good Morning MG World,

I've started to remove the paint from my spare bonnet and intend to use this as
a test bed before I even think about spraying the rest of  my car.

The chemical stripper I tried seemed to take ages to use.

I tried an abraisive  paint removal pad on my drill  - it seems a lot better.

Next, I'd like to try an orbital sander but I am unsure of which to get -
electric or air powered.

I have a SIP Nimbus with 50litre tank - 6cfm fad rated which may be a bit puny
for an air powered device.  However,  I am in no hurry so I do not mind if it
gets a bit breathless.

Any suggestions ?

Also, any other bodywork hints and tips would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Louis Mehr
Manchester
England