Re: Jacking on the differential - which bit ?

To: "Louis Mehr (EML)" <Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jacking on the differential - which bit ?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 10:35:39 -0000
I've always jacked under the back part and never had any slippage, although
I have *never* worked under a car supported by a jack alone, and I position
the axle stands using the jack handle so I can keep clear of the back of the
car.  Others have said in the past that jacking under the diff is bad
because of the bending stresses (supporting it in the middle but the weight
is on the ends).

PaulH.