Re: Jacking on the differential - which bit ?

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jacking on the differential - which bit ?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 10:40:51 -0800
I've always placed the jack head under the center of the "fat" part of
the diff, at its lowest point, and had no problems with slipping. You
might try rotating the head until it seems like it catches; I think a
diagonal position is best. But definitely get those axle stands in place
-- it could certainly tip side-to-side supported this way.

Louis Mehr (EML) had this to say:

>Good Morning MG World,
>
>This must be a fairly  stupid question but here goes anyway ...
>
>I want to jack the entire car up so that I can treat the underside of it.

[snip]

--

Max Heim