Re: No More Speeding in the UK?-Reply

To: <REwald9535@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No More Speeding in the UK?-Reply
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:54:01 -0000
All the news items I have seen have used a Ford Escort.  And the traction
control system in the Ford Mondeo (at least) includes a mechanical linkage
that puts slack in the throttle cable to control the engine, rather than
simply shutting off the fuel.  It would seem common sense to utilise parts
of a system that Ford had developed for their own use for this.

UK Governments do what they want and are not answerable to the voters until
the next election.  Neither are they swayed by 'argument', the exception
being the mass poll-tax riots a few years ago.  Not everybody speeds, and
many people, who presumably obey the speed limits, are saying it is a 'good
thing'.

PaulH.