wierd problem

Subject: wierd problem
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:36:53 -0600
My '75 MGB had it's first electrical problem.... My horn stopped working. I
started to investigate and found a burnt fuse (the bottom one in the fuse
box, which doesn't match up to the horn according to my driver's handbook).
So, I replaced the fuse, reached into the car, tested the horn, it worked.
Problem solved.

A couple of days later, I get in the car to drive somewhere, drive a little
ways and realize that my horn doesn't work again. The fuse is blown again. O
great, now I have a wierdo Lucas electrical problem that's going to drive me
nuts diagnosing. Last night I decided to take a look for a minute... What
doesn't work (with fuse removed), trunk light, interior light, horn. Put
fuse in, horn works, trunk light works, open door, fuse pops.

I started to remove the interior light to fix the frayed wires, melted
housing allowing a short or whatever, I remove the lens, the bulb is
definitely burnt out (it worked before). So, I remove the bulb and put a new
fuse in, fuse doesn't pop. It turns out that the light bulb was causing a
short and popping the fuse. I don't see how that was happening..... But, my
electrical problem wasn't so bad afterall...

----
John Steczkowski
Director, Server I/O
Crossroads Systems, Inc.