'Brake Safe'

To: <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: 'Brake Safe'
From: "Colin Brown" <ccbrown@whitesea.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 16:34:30 -0000
David Hill's comments about following traffic dancing on the Brake
pedal reminded me of the 'Brake Safe' Triangular Amber rear lights
which I had fitted to my new Mk II Cortina ( company car) in '67.
The year my B was 'forged' but I could not afford one then!

Amber lights anticipated the brake light by illuminating as you
lifted off the gas, and also had a gear change cut out. But another
Sales Rep also travelling at 60/70mph caught on quickly and hogged my
rear fender for my favourite 30Â  cross country miles from Hereford to
Abergavenny. ( I must drive it in the B sometime!)

The new safety idea proved far from safe, I disconnected mine.
Was the idea adopted elsewhere? Just curious.

Cheers
Colin
'67B