Re: RE. Midgets and Sprites

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE. Midgets and Sprites
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 16:41:21 -0800
I think in an article I just read it mentioned that the J4 was pretty
notorious for crank-mangling... The history of engine design seems to
uphold the contention that trading off crankshaft support for reduced
friction via reducing the number of main bearings doesn't pay off. The
winning solution was low-friction bearing designs.

Dan Dwelley had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149