Re: Midget Stereo - I Have TUNES!!!

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Midget Stereo - I Have TUNES!!!
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 21:25:20
I put a Sony DIN in my 78B and it fit perfectly - just had to file the
round edges on the opening.  It took me longer to find my file than it did
to actually do the adjustment, which was just seconds.

It took me longer, however, to figure out the wiring, because the PO had
wired up a cheap radio incorrectly (among other things, when I honked the
horn the radio lost its settings).  I tapped into the cigarette lighter for
the constant power and got the switched power from somewhere, and it works
great.  Somewhere along the line I disconnected the illumination light to
the cigarette lighter, but that's too minor to justify opening it up.

In short, a DIN stereo, like the Sony, goes in near perfectly.  Very
pleasant surprise.  Much better than, say, when I tried to shove a
Blaupunkt into my Saab (which is the natural home for a Blaupunkt anyway).

- Tab