Re: OT - US Govt. squandering our $$$

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: Re: OT - US Govt. squandering our $$$
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 19:30:41 -0600
At 8:27 PM -0500 1/6/00, JustBrits@aol.com wrote:
>As bad as I hate to "add" to this pile of "shit", What is the total of what
>is DOLED out in Fed., State, County, and Local Governments to "Welfare(etal)"
>recipients??
>
>Somehow, I'll bet I could retire on the interest alone!?!?!?  Think??
>
>Not that the recipient's don't.
>
>Ed

Just which major corporation are you talking about? With the large
companies demanding, and getting, tax breaks to locate in our state
or nation, the cost of welfare is insignificant.  This is especially
true when one considers the cuts in social welfare, and the increases
in corporate welfare. I am quite certain of which has had the greater
impact on my tax bill.  I would, however, be willing to pay extra
taxes for a new MG plant to be located here in Nebraska
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/
My British Car is NOT leaky - it's merely marking its territory.