Done deal!

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Done deal!
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:40:10 -0500
Finished up the paperwork today for the purchase of my '71 B. Car will be
delivered on Monday (can't wait!). Took some pics of the car today at the
lot for insurance and antique registration purposes, so I'll have to scan
them and put them up on my website after they get developed. My first
priority on the car will be the brakes (are quote spongy, probably needs
wheel cylinders and a master cylinder rebuild) and then the interior (needs
totally replaced). Found out today after looking at the engine that it is
actually a late '69 or early '70 engine (18GH), but on the plus side the
engine data plate denotes overdrive is present. Maybe an added bonus I was
not aware of at the time of purchase (there was one non-original switch
added below the radio I couldn't identify). As a side note, I bought the car
in Johnstown, PA, which is about 20 minutes from TRF. Stopped in on my way
home to pick up a catalog and had a nice talk with the guy at the counter
(name now escapes me) and a short tour of the place. Nice little operation
(but a little too Triumph oriented for my liking). BTW, they have the
"original" Heritage body shell constructed roadster in their showroom. The
guy said it was sent over in '86 as a promotional vehicle to advertise the
new body shells in the US. Beautiful bright red with chrome wires and the
commemorative style interior kit. He mentioned that Heritage maybe selling
the car in the near future (but didn't know for how much). Well, I'm sure
once the car is here I will have plenty questions I will need the list's
collective wisdom on.

Craig
'71 B (GHN5UB247604G)