Re: Trip Report, Anyone have a spare hood?

To: "Posts MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trip Report, Anyone have a spare hood?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:41:04 -0800
Welcome to the club! (the Order of the Mangled Bonnet). Not only is the
safety catch necessary, but in an aluminum hood, it should be reinforced
(IMO). There really is no way to straighten the hood back out
satisfactorily, anyway, so you definitely need a new one.

As for the cold running, I wouldn't mess around with changing thermostats
constantly. You might try the oil cooler cover that was mentioned
recently, or just place a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator,
covering maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the area.

Jason W. Sawyer had this to say:

--

Max Heim