Re: 4 cars [Daimler Dart]

To: "Mike Lishego" <mlishego@asheboro.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 4 cars [Daimler Dart]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:52:52 -0800
Actually, the car is pretty fascinating on paper, it justs loses a little
appeal when you are forced to look at it (53 Buick grille, 57 Cadillac
fins... what were they thinking?). I also appreciate unusual cars... we
have a very loosely organized club out here called the Arcane Auto
Society, and the SP250 would be a prime attraction if one showed up at an
event.

FWIW, the British firm Daimler (known most recently for Jaguar XJ clones)
hasn't really had any relationship to the Daimler in DaimlerChrysler
(formerly Daimler-Benz) since about 1898, I believe, when they got a
license to use the name in England.

But the idea of a DaimlerChrysler Dart is pretty funny! BTW that's why
the car was sold as the SP250 in the US -- Chrysler already owned the
name "Dart".

Mike Lishego had this to say:

--

Max Heim