RE: Carpet Snaps?

To: Paul Hammarstedt <hellbent@ameritech.net>
Subject: RE: Carpet Snaps?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:53:51 -0800
Paul:

        The fibrous under mat holds water which ends up rusting out the
floor snap area.  The snaps were originally standard male snaps as used
where the soft top, snaps to the top frame.  Usually the ones on the battery
deck are not corroded, so you can see what they originally looked like.
It's a good idea to be able to remove the front floor carpet easily if it
gets wet.  If you intend to just have carpet up front, replace the snaps.  I
normally use rubber Amco mats which hold the carpet down well, so I do not
replace them.

        I believe the snaps were originally riveted to the floor, so the
bolted ones may have already been replaced.  This conclusion is based on
foggy memory, as most of the time these snaps are rusted away.

Hope this helps

Kelvin.