Re: Bleeding Brakes: Midget

To: "James K. Hurd" <hurd@boernenet.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bleeding Brakes: Midget
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 08:42:48 -0000
Vacuum applied to the bleed nipple can be misleading as air can be drawn in
past the threads of the nipple itself.  For the MGB I usually find that a
combination of Eezi-Bleed and pumping the pedal is required - Eezi-Bleed on
very low pressure to get the bulk of the air out of all four corners then
someone standing on the pedal while you snap open and shut the bleed nipple
to shift any that is left.  If they were getting worse while you drove it,
though, does indicate a fault of some description in the system.

PaulH.