Re: Fan Switching

To: "David Streeter" <streetd@tampabay.rr.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fan Switching
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 08:57:27 -0000
The fan stat has green and black/green wires on it.  Pull one or other of
the wires off the stat and if the fan stops (and the engine is cold) the
stat has failed.

If the fans were like this when you boaght the car then be aware that it is
not unknown for POs to wire the fans to run all the time, possibly because
they don't like to see the temp gauge getting up to half-way between 'N' and
'H', although this is perfectly normal.  If the fans continue to run with a
wire pulled off, or if you find a jumper on the stat, then this is the case.

For people with fans that don't run, be aware that although the stat has a
green wire, this doesn't go back to the green fuse on the four-way block,
but it has its own in-line fuse connected to the white/brown circuit.

PaulH.