Re: "Unsafe at any speed"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Unsafe at any speed"
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:48:39 EST
Okay, here's my Corvair story.  Dad had a '63 Turbo Monza Spider convertible.
 Beutiful, fun red roadster.  One day when I was about 5 or 6, we were
driving through a snowstorm, with me in the back, mom & dad in the front.
Mom turned around and asked what I was doing on the floor in the back.

"Making a snowball" I responded.  Yes, through the huge rot hole in the floor
board, I had reached down for some snow when we stopped at a light.

Needless to say, the car was in the want ads the next day.

Sorry guys, but the Corvair is definitely one nice car.  Nadar was just
jockeying for the spotlight.  (Is there room for one of those in my garage
with the other 4...???)