Re: "Unsafe at any speed"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Unsafe at any speed"
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 09:57:35 -0400
I don't recall the aluminum 215 V8 being in the Tempest - it was in the
Buick Special and the Olds F85.  My Tempest had a 4-banger that was half of
a V8.  Which one, I don't recall.  ' Coulda been half of the 215 but I
think it might have been one of the cast iron V8s - like the Pontiac 326???
I also had a '62 Buick Special - but alas not with the 215 Buick/Rover V8.
It had the aluminum V6 which ended up in the Jeep.

Allen

>From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
>
>Pontiac Tempest - Aluminum 215 V8 and rear transaxle.
>
>Kevin Brown
>
>Florrie & Allen Bachelder wrote:
>
>> Pontiac Tempest.  I had one.
>>
>> Allen
>>
>> >From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
>> >
>> >  One has to remember that the book also applied to a Pontiac car whose
>> >name escapes me now.  It had a front engine - rear transaxle and swing
>> >axles, as I recall (??). Also had a unique flexible drive shaft that ran
>> >in pillow block bearings.  All this was to increase the legroom.

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333