$$OD$$

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: $$OD$$
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:26:45 -0700
I removed my 71BGT  OD transmission and took it in to a local transmission
shop. They have disassembled it and given me an estimate for repair.

To help them out, I made a xerox copy of my tattered Haynes manual to
include the transmission and the appended section on the "new"
transmissions (I got my Haynes manual in 1976 so it was an older addition
with an appendix for changes for the 18v model changes).

Anyway, I need a fair amount of normal wear parts. Not unusual since I
bought this transmission from a salvage yard in 1984. But the kicker is the
sliding hub assembly (1st and 2nd gear), Moss part 462-180. Moss lists this
gem at $399.95 - but all I need is the hub part, not the whole assembly.

Anyone know where I could get this part by itself? Any used OD units where
I can cannibalize good used parts?

David
67 BGT
71 BGT