RE: Superchargers for MG

To: "MGS (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Superchargers for MG
From: "Lind, Jon" <JLind@ColoradoSkiing.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:34:47 -0700
A V-8 runs about $3,000 if done right, with a lot of work.  The
advantage, however, is that the V-8 can be more reliable than a stock
1800 anyway.

The supercharger looks like a day or two job to install, with V-8 like
performance.  And as cramped as the super charger looks under the hood,
it's alot less so than the V-8.  So, maybe, the time and energy saved is
worth the extra $800.

My concern would be for the reliability of the 1800 after you do this.
Also, I wonder what would happen to my over drive tranny when fed that
kind of power.  Atleast with a V-8 conversion you've got the option of
(relatively) easily adding a stronger 5 speed gear box.