Re: Consumer Reports was Re: Corvairs and Ralph Nader

To: danray@bluegrass.net
Subject: Re: Consumer Reports was Re: Corvairs and Ralph Nader
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:28:45 -0500
Dan,
  Consumers Reports sends out a multi-page survey to its subscribers each
year.  They have sections for washers, dryers, dishwashers and other
expensive household things, and a large section for automobiles.  They as
such things as whether bought new or used, miles driven to date, etc,
then query about the factors that show up in the tables. Each year I fill
in low grades for the miserable Honda Civic with which we are afflicted,
but either they toss my review of the POS or it is only one poor review
amidst many good ones.
  Many are those who feel, with some reason, that both Mr Nader and
Consumers Reports would be happiest if we all drove black, four-door
sedans.
Bob