Re: Storing Engine/Tranny

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Storing Engine/Tranny
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:44:33 -0600
At 02:39 PM 1/21/00 -0800, Tony Woodruff wrote:
>I am now storing for "someday" a 1967 MGB engine and transmission ....
>.... I want to protect the head and block from rust, etc. while in storage.
>What precautions can I take to make sure things don't rust, etc. ....

I had my MGA engine and gearbox laid up for nine years before the car
restoration was finished.  I just left the oil in it, and once a month I
took the hand crank and gave it 100 turns.  It took about two minutes each
month and kept us in good acquaintance during the long wait.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg