Re: LBCs in the snow

To: <ATWEDITOR@aol.com>, <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBCs in the snow
From: "Mike Lishego" <mlishego@asheboro.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 02:06:09 -0500
Out of everything I've ever driven in the snow (including numerous
FWD cars, RWD trucks and 4x4 Blazers and off-road trucks) my MGB
went the best in the snow, hands down.  I had good tires, and I
never had any problem getting traction or keeping control of the
car.  In fact, I could throw the car into a slide and it would
recover with no problems or oversteer.

I think the skinny tires help a bunch.  Maybe I was in tune with the
car to the point that I knew what it was going to do...I dunno...I
do know that's it's funny to pass stuck 4wd trucks in a British
sportscar.  The drivers trying to push them out of the ditches give
you the ugliest looks!

Mike Lishego
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/
1991 Mazda Miata