Steel wheel to wire wheel conversion

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steel wheel to wire wheel conversion
From: "Dennis and Kathy" <skog@pioneernet.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 21:39:57 -0800
Thanks to a couple of guys in the Northwest MG car club, I am now the proud
owner of a 1957 MGA.
My question is, to convert from steel wheels to wire wheels do I need to
change the complete rear end or just the axels ? What about the front,
anything special there. This is my first MGA so it will be a new learning
experience for an old dog !
My son and I  sucessfully removed  the body from the frame after suitable
bracing and ran into no snags.  Good first start.

Dennis Skog
'65 MGB
'66 MGB
'80 MGB LE
'60 JAG MK1
'58 MG Magnett ZB (soon to be parted out or sold)
'57 MGA in process