Car List

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car List
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:13:06 -0500
'62 VW Beetle - White, G78-15 snow tires on all 4 corners, wen't darned
near anywhere (the only time I ever got stuck was when some A$$H*L3 ran
me off the road and I high-centered on a snowbank.
'72 Chevy Vega Kammback Wagon - Great car (really!) until a friend
borrowed the car for a weekend, forgot to check the oil as I had
instructed and "It made a horrible noise and stopped"
'59 VW Beetle - Wonderful little beastie.  Purchased for me by the woman
who owas to become my wife because she was tired of being the only one
of us with a car.
'68 VW SuperBeetle - Was OK.  Stone relaible but somehow not as much fun
as the '59.
'75 Chevy Monza - Nicknamed by my Mother-in-Law, "the Momzer" (those of
you who know any Yiddish will know she was right).  Great engine, the
rest of the car was forgettable.  If I could have had that engine in the
Vega, I'd probably still be driving it.
>>'68 Fiat 124 Spyder - First "fun" car we bought.  Was more reliable than the
>"family" which was...
'87 Ford Escort - Ugh.  The less said the better.
>>'75 Fiat X-1/9 - Purchased as a replacement for the 124, which had severe
>leprosy of the sheetmetal.  Fun car, sold it to a friend when I bought my MG
'90 Subaru Legacy - I still miss that car.  We cried when I got it into
a tangle with a Semi and lost.  I want one again.
>>'77 MG Midget - The car that finally got my wife into the car hobby.
>Purchased primarily because she saw how much I wanted it.  She went to a
>couple of shows with me, and discovered that she enjoyed the people.
'93 Saturn Wagon - ALMOST as good a car as the Subaru.  Just as
reliable, but not quite as much fun or as comfortable.
>>'58 MG ZB Magnette - My wife's toy.  An MG through and through, but 4 doors
>and a sizeable boot to appeal to my wife's "practical" side.

Chris Kotting
ckottign@iwaynet.net