Re: Body Work

To: <Matt.DeBoer@ejgallo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Body Work
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:39:25 -0000
Not that I've replaced every external panel (I have done two of these), but
I should say it is probably the easiest to do, given that the 'proof of the
pudding' is in how well the top edge is blended into the remaining part of
the lower wing, and the leading edge into the door aperture and sill.
Lyndsay Porter gives a good description (of this panel and all the others)
in his 'Guide to Purchase and DIY Restoration of the MGB', now reissued as
'MGB Restoration Manual'.  The question will be - in what condition are the
inner wing and the hidden part of the sill that is revealed when the old
section is cut away?

PaulH.