Re: Radio

To: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Subject: Re: Radio
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 16:46:17 -0500
Jim,

    It's a fairly simple electrical situation.  There is continuity between the
power input wire of the radio (tied to +12v) and the radio's chassis.  Since
there
is no current being drawn, there is nothing else to drop the 12 volts across
except the air gap between the radio chassis and the negative side of the power
source, whicjh happens to be connected to the car's body.  The radio is acting
as
if it's a very high value resistor.

Bud Krueger (EE)

--