Re: can't remove the brake piston

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: can't remove the brake piston
From: "Richard Crump" <rcrump@enid.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 13:05:16 -0600
I disapprove of compressed air.  It makes a mess when and if the piston
blows out.  Place a 3/8 fine thread bolt in the hole for the brake line.
Open the bleeder nipple.  Take your grease gun and force it on to the
nipple.  Start pumping.  As one piston will get ahead of the other, place a
c-clamp on it before it makes it all the way out of the caliper and then
pump the other piston out.  This is a kinder, gentler way to remove the
pistons and you have to clean the calipers up anyway.
Richard, OK.