Re: can't remove the brake piston

To: simonsensis@hotmail.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: can't remove the brake piston
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:22:18 EST
In a message dated 1/31/00 10:33:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
simonsensis@hotmail.com writes:

<< Just taken the brake caliper off my 77 MGB.  The pistons are stuck in
there
 and screaming "no no, I'm not coming out!!"  Any recommendations for
 enticing them out?  Using the cars braking system to blow them out is a non
 starter like the car. >>

This may be a day late, but did you try compressed air?  If that doesn't
work, you have a very rusty caliper.  I had NO problem getting the very old
pistons out of my calipers just using an 11 lb. air tank in my apartment.
(Gawd, I wish I had a real garage with a real compressor.)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport