Re: Remove rocker switches on 72 B

To: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>, "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Remove rocker switches on 72 B
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:26:09 -0000
Tool 18G 1145 consists of two parts - one to remove the switch from the
bezel and the other to remove the bezel from the dash - and tool 18G 1201
consists of a single part, but all three parts are simply shaped like a
squared-off letter 'C', and are slid on at the back to compress the lugs, so
it should be easy to make some particularly if you (or someone?) can lay
your hands on an old switch to measure it.  On my 73 and 75 with the earlier
rocker switches, with the fingers of my left hand I can pinch two opposing
lugs in and tilt the switch partly out, holding it there with my right hand
from the front, then pinch the other two lugs with my left hand and withdraw
the switch.  Depends on the size of one's hands, I suppose.

PaulH.