Re: Flat batteries again.

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flat batteries again.
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 19:29:18 -0000
The light should, well, light when first turning on the ignition and before
the engine is started, has it stopped doing this as well?

I have a schematic of the dynamo MGB ignition including warning light on the
web site below, might help, select 'Spanners', 'Electrics', 'Scematics' and
'Dynamo and Alternator'.  Basically a white goes from the ignition to one
side of the bulb and a brown/yellow goes from the other side of the bulb to
the WL terminal on the control box and the D on the dynamo.  Note that the
bulb holder does not pick up a ground from the speedo.

It does sound as if the batteries are not getting, or at least, not holding
a charge.

PaulH.