RE: Battery Size info / battery cutoff switch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Battery Size info / battery cutoff switch
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 11:58:08 -0400
Seems on cars of my youth, in cold climes, parking brake freezing was a
constant problem.  We quickly learned it was better to avoid using the
parking brake where possible - which is most times and places - unless you
live in San Francisco or Duluth.  To this day, I leave the car in reverse -
using the parking brake only while starting the car.  No this is not a fix
- but it may explain why my '76 has yet to do this. ((There I go - tempting
fate again...))

Allen B...

>From: douglas wilson <dfwilson@netcom.ca>
>
>List,  Rare MGB problem. On 75/76 MGBs there are diodes on the right side
>footwell panel. They regulate current from the starter/parking brake light
>switch.If a diode fails when you put the parking brake on the starter can
>engage even though the ignition is off. Weird problem that occurred on my
>76B. I read the tech description on the Sacremento MG Car Club web page.
>For your info.    Cut off switch a good idea if you remember to use it all
>the time.Doug 76B.

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333