Re: Battery Size information needed. HELP!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Size information needed. HELP!
From: ehubbard@digitalexp.com (Elaine Hubbard)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 100 11:08:21 CST
On the subject of battery hold downs and conversion from two 6v batteries to
one 12v...I converted to a single 12v in my 68BGT and used the standard hold
down parts.  I did have to get new ones from Moss because the old were very
corroded, but they worked just fine.
I also installed a battery cutoff switch.  I used one sold by PECO
Performance Centers (for hotrodders), but I have seen the same switch in
various MG catalogs.  I installed it in the bulkhead just in front of the
battery compartment, behind the passenger seat.  It is easily accessable,
yet inconspicuous.  I use it whenever I am working on the car, storing it
for a period of time, or just as a theft deterrent.  Total cost was about
$25 and it sure beats undoing the rear seat, carpet, dzus fasteners, etc.
John Hubbard
'68 MGB GT
www.digitalexp.com/~users/ehubbard/mgb-gt.htm