Re: Next Question

To: Larry.Ruggiero@afrc.af.mil, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Next Question
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:35:12 EST
Larry.Ruggiero@afrc.af.mil writes:

<< Hi List, I'm just a bundle of questions lately...  So what do some of you
 well-equipped shop folks use for cleaning solution in your parts washers?
 I'd heard a suggestion a while back for Agitene marketed by Grainger
 supplies--supposedly safe as mother's milk, blah, blah, blah, albeit
 expensive at ~$40 per 5 gallons...  Well, I checked the MSDS for the stuff
 and it's not so friendly.  It may be okay for skin contact, but it's a bit
 more volatile and flammable than I'd like.  Any suggestions?  TIA... >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have a small Harbor Freight parts washer.  It was suggested on the list to
use 3 gallons of odorless paint thinner mixed with about a half quart of
motor
oil.  It seems to work great and the odor doesn't knock me out.  I only use
it
with the garage door open.  It isn't as safe as Safety Kleen, but for the
small
amount I use it, I am glad I bought the thing.  I also use rubber gloves with
it.
I think it would have been a real mess changing the wheel bearings without it.

Allen Hefner  (Moe, Larry...CHEESE!)
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport