Tire question

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire question
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 00:36:51 -0500
The spare that came with my '71 B is in pretty sad shape (Goodyear S4S 185
75 14). The tires currently on the car are 175 SR14 Regent brand tires
(never heard of them, but they are made in the UK), and are in almost brand
new condition. I checked the archives for tire size recommendations, and
there only seem to be recommendations for replacing the stock sizes (155
SR14 and 165 SR14). What "modern" size tire is closest to 175 SR14? I would
just use one of those handy size calculators, but they do not work when the
profile of the tire is not specified. TIA.

Craig
'71 B