Carbs and radiator

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carbs and radiator
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:05:11 EST
I've seen a couple of replys to your origional question and want to ad a
caution.  Someone said that water is the best coolant; not so, use a proper
50/50 solution of antifreeze.  It will offer better cooling and protect your
system from corrosion.  This should be changed at least every 3 years for the
same reason.  I do mine more often.  The other suggestions re. your
overheating seem on target.
]I have the Weber conversion on my '76 MGB, it was done by a PO.  I bought
the Haynes carb book for MGs and set it up according to the book when I first
began driving it.  I have enjoyed many trouble free miles since.  That
dosen't mean that the origional set up wasn't as good or better, I just don't
know but I am quite satisfied with this.

George