Battery cut-of switch

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Battery cut-of switch
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:46:12 -0600
It seems I may have started something by asking which leg to put the switch
in.  There have been numerous responses saying to put it in one leg or the
other, but I haven't seen anything explaining why one is better that the
other.  It seems to me that whichever leg you put the switch in, when you
turn it off, it will isolate the battery completely.  If you have a radio
with presets, you will loose them when you turn the switch off, just like
disconnecting the battery.  The way to avoid this is to wire your radio
directly to the battery (with an in-line fuse of course).  Just remember to
turn your radio off when you turn the car off or your drain the battery.  I
work with a couple electrical engineers, I'll ask their opinion.

Ken Waringa